Coming up with new and creative ways to stimulate giving from your donor base can be a challenge. Our friends at Give A Car have 151 GREAT ideas for you. Our favorite top five are:
- Have an animal show. – Love this idea, escpecially as much as we love our pets here in Colorado!
- Have a bike wash. – With a larger emphasis in Colorado about green transportation methods like bike to work day, this is a great way to align with local values and raise a money.
- Place donation jars in local businesses. – A great way to connect with the community and raise both awareness and funds. Target businesses either near your physical location and/or in areas where you know your donors live, work and shop. Then ask if you can put up a donation jar for a limited period of time. You can even offer incentives for the store that raises the most donations.
- Have a jumble sale. – Another great way to engage a community. Everyone in your organization and/or invite people in the community to donate gently used items and have a garage sale.
- Have a retro video game competition. – There is a current trend of dusting off old Atari video games lately. Host a fun evening of Pac-Man and Space Invaders play offs!
Interested in more? Click to visit Give A Car’s 151 Fundraising Ideas!